Emerson Microwave Troubleshooting Most often, external signs of microwave oven failure are the appearance of sparks, smoke clouds, cessation of rotation of the dish, the lack of heating of food placed in the oven. Or the microwave oven simply does not turn on. In this case, including it in a network is dangerous! See the table below for possible causes of breakdowns and how to solve the problem.
Emerson microwave troubleshooting Solutions
MW8999SB, MW8115SS, 1000 watts, 900 watt, 700 watt
|If the oven does not work||Check that the power cord is securely plugged in|
|Check that the door is firmly closed|
|Check that the cooking time is set|
|Check for a blown circuit fuse or tripped main circuit breaker in your house|
|Check that the Child Lock feature is not engaged|
|If there is sparking in the cavity||Check the containers, dishes or utensils in the oven and make sure they are not metal or have metal trim|
|Checks for and remove any qrease build up from cavity|
Emerson produces a large line of microwave ovens that are found at retailers such as Target and Sears. Emerson microwave types include stainless-steel models, 400- to 1200-watt versions and above-range ovens.
If you have an Emerson microwave that malfunctions, the manufacturer recommends that you perform some troubleshooting steps prior to calling for service.
- Examine the outlet you are using for your Emerson microwave if the oven won’t turn on. Unplug the microwave and wait 10 seconds before plugging it back in. Try another outlet to see if it functions. Reset the circuit breaker or replace any blown fuses if necessary.
- Make sure the microwave oven door is firmly closed. An open door can interrupt with operation.
- Reposition the roller ring of the Emerson microwave oven. If the turntable won’t move in the oven, line up the turntable and roller ring. Place the roller ring flat on the bottom cooking surface of the microwave. You will see three balls on the top of the roller ring. Line up these balls with the three notches in the glass turntable and place the turntable on top of the roller ring. Clean these parts with mild soap and water prior to repositioning to get rid of any food particles that may be causing it not to work.
- Check that the dishes that you are using are microwavable safe. Remove the dish if you notice any sparks or the dish begins to melt. Typically, glass and ceramic dishes are safe to use in an Emerson microwave.
- Unlock the Emerson microwave. The ovens have a safety feature that allows you to lock the device to prevent a child from using it. To both lock and unlock the microwave, hold down the “0” button for a couple of seconds and then press “2.”
Keep away from other appliances. Televisions, radios and microwave ovens may experience interference when placed in close proximity of each other.