Air Conditioners Repair Assistance For most people, central air conditioning is a matter of comfort during the hot and humid summer months. It can be a health concern for others, especially the elderly. For example, some studies have linked high heat and humidity with an increased risk of heart attack. Regardless of why you like them, air conditioners are great when they run smoothly. But when temperatures outside rise and so do temperatures and humidity inside, it can cause stress and even be a potential safety concern. Therefore, air conditioning service can be a significant expense.
How to Change Air Conditioner Spare Parts?
Here is the most common Air Conditioners replacement parts replacement list:
- How to Install Air Conditioner ?
- How to Maintain Air Conditioner ?
- How To Reset Air Conditioner Remote ?
- How to Charge Air Conditioner Gas ?
- How to Reset Air Conditioner ?
Keeping your Air Conditioner system in good repair sometimes means replacing old parts that have failed or are about to fail. Fortunately, as long as you keep up with annual maintenance, your technician can usually catch these failing parts before they cause bigger problems. Which parts are most likely to need replacing, though? Here are some of the most common Air Conditioner replacement parts.
- Capacitors and contactors. The start capacitor is what provides the electricity to turn the system on, and the run capacitor provides electricity to keep it going. In other words, the most vital of the Air Conditioner replacement parts. The contactor controls the flow of electricity to the unit’s components. They’re very important and also the most likely parts to break in your system. Fortunately, they’re relatively inexpensive to replace.
- Blower motor. If your system runs continually throughout the season, your fan or blower motor can burn out. Replacement is fairly routine. During annual maintenance, your technician will generally notice if your fan is wearing out and replace it before it breaks.
- Evaporator coils. Your coils get covered with dirt and debris over time. As long as you clean them regularly, they should last a long time. If they’re not cleaned, they can become corroded and need replacement. This also leads to a loss of refrigerant.
- Compressor. The compressor is the most expensive Air Conditioner part to replace. It’s also one of the most important parts. Its failure can cause breakdowns throughout the rest of the system. If your Air Conditioner system is eight years old or older, it’s probably cheaper in the long run to purchase a new unit rather than replacing the compressor.
- Air filters. Slightly different than the other Air Conditioner replacement parts on this list, but no less important, your air filter should be checked regularly and replaced every three to six months as needed. If it isn’t, the filter can become clogged, restricting airflow to your home. This in turn uses more energy and wears out the system more quickly, leading to costly repairs.