Delonghi Portable Air Conditioner Error Codes The Delonghi air conditioner has a self diagnosis system to identify a number of malfunctions. Error messages are displayed on the AC display.
Delonghi Portable Air Conditioner Error Code Solutions
|What Should I Do
|Low Temperature (frost prevention). The appliance is fitted with a frost protection device to avoid excessive formation of ice. The appliance starts up again automatically when the defrosting process is completed.
|High Level (internal tray full). Empty the internal safety tray following the instructions in the section “End of season operations”. If it reoccurs in cooling mode, contact your local authorised customer services. In heating mode: empty the internal tray.
|Change filter. When this message is displayed, the water filter needs replacing as described in the section: “Replacing the limescale filter”.
|Probe Failure (sensor damaged). If this is displayed, contact your local authorised service centre.
|Failure 1. This message could appear if the water filter is particularly clogged. See section: “Replacing the limescale filter”. If the filter has been replaced recently, contact your local authorised service centre.
|Low Temperature – Room temperature is too low.
|High Temperature – Room temperature is too high.
|Probe Failure ( Sensor Damaged).
The appliance has a self diagnosis system to identify a number of malfunctions. Error messages are displayed on the appliance display.
Delonghi Portable AC Troubleshooting
Problem: The air conditioner does not come on
- there is no current
- it is not plugged into the mains
- the internal safety device has tripped
- plug into the mains
- call the Service Centre
Problem: The air conditioner works for a short time only
- there are bends or kinks in the air exhaust hose
- something is preventing the air from being discharged
- position the air hose correctly, keeping it as short and free of curves as possible to avoid bottlenecks.
- check and remove any obstacles obstructing air discharge
Problem: The air conditioner works, but does not cool the room
- windows, doors and/or curtains open
- there are heat sources in the room (oven, hairdryer, etc)
- the air exhaust hose is detached from the appliance
- dust filters clogged
- close doors, windows and curtains, bearing in mind the “tips for correct use” given above
- eliminate the heat sources
- fit the air exhaust hose in the housing at the back of the appliance
- clean or replace the filters as described above
Problem: During operation, there is an unpleasant smell in the room
Cause: dust filter and (when present) electrostatic filter clogged
Solution: clean the filters as described above
Problem: The air conditioner does not operate for about three minutes after restarting it
Cause: the internal compressor safety device prevents the appliance from being restarted until three minutes have elapsed since it was last turned off.
Solution: wait. This delay is part of normal operation.
Problem: The symbol and one of the following messages LT / HL/Cf/PF / FI appears on the appliance display:
Cause: The appliance has a self diagnosis system to identify a number of malfunctions.
Solution: See the SELF-DIAGNOSIS chapter.